Subject: [Leica] Newcomer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 00:20:41 -0400

> I've been a lurker in these parts for quite some time and have enjoyed
> that pastime. Apart from a few shots with borrowed gear a few
> years ago, I've had no previous experience with a Leica.
>
> This is one of my first efforts with a recently acquired D-Lux 4.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Merrill/L1000243.jpg.html
>
> I confess I'm struggling without a viewfinder and while one is
> available for the D-Lux 4 I can't see how it will be of much use.
> Unless I'm missing something ....
>
> Merrill

Welcome Merrill  most people I know shooting with the Dlux are locked into
16/9 format using the whole sensor. I'd love to be working in this not
overly panoramic format.
Most little camrea when you shoot 16/9  or any kind of pans you are shooting
with not the whole sensor but cropped.
Not so the Dlux line. Its a better deal to shoot this way.
And the shape itself is very cool.

Mark William Rabiner