Subject: [Leica] IMG: Re Grand Central
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:19:22 -0400

For 32 years I passed through Grand Central Station three times a week.
Every time I had a camera with me I snapped a 1/2 second handheld picture of
the the grand concourse just to test my nerves. Obviously I am not as steady
as a tripod. In recent years the concourse has been cleaned and restored to
its former Art Deco glory. What I miss most from a photographic point of
view is the Kodak giant mural over the far wall in the position of the
Chemical Bank sign. The mural, about 40 feet across and changed seasonally,
was allegedly enlarged from a 35 mm Kodachrome slide. Or so Kodak said. I
wonder if Leica lenses were used? Probably not since Kodak was proud of its
professional lens making capabilities in the '50s and '60s.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Grand+Central+2.jpg.html
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] IMG: Re Grand Central)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Re Grand Central)