Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800 broken again
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:11:23 -0700

I'm currently on my 4th Epson 3800 printer. I bought the first one. The
second and third were refurbished machines that Epson sent me under warranty
in exchange for a broken one. The fourth was a new unit that they eventually
sent me because I was having such rotten luck with the refurbished printers.

The sheet feeder stopped working, and after several calls to the support
desk they concluded that it was a hardware problem (very clever of them not
to think that it was a software problem) and that I should take it to a
factory authorized repair center. Simple concept, but the nearest one is an
hour's drive from where I live.

So I am once again printerless. The repair depot told me that they'd be able
to fix it "quickly", but they've had it 3 days and appear not to have even
looked at it yet.

If Hewlett Packard ever makes a printer that prints as well as the Epson
3800 I will buy it in a heartbeat. But, alas, the 3800 is like the diva
soprano: because it is so good, it can get away with being as temperamental
as it wants.

Pfffffft to Epson.

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Epson 3800 broken again)