Subject: [Leica] Old lenses and M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:57:39 -0400

> Do I sense a ground swell of feeling that the M*s should be cherished
> because they make old lenses perform better by eliminating the poorer
> rendition in the corners? Seems like the inverse of the opinion that
> film M Leicas were to be desired over the M8 because Leica lenses were
> designed for the corners rather than the central area. I'm confused. I
> have a lot of old Leica lenses. Do I buy a used M8 or save my pennies
> for an M9?
> Larry Z

Nobody cares about the corners. Get an M9. You're going to see M8's selling
for very little money after a year or less. There is a reason. They are not
made any more. There is a reason.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Old lenses and M8)
Reply from lucien_vd at mac.com (LvD) ([Leica] Old lenses and M8)