Subject: [Leica] OT: 45MXT with a Dichro color head
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:15:09 -0400

> It seems pricey for an enlarger these days, but maybe it is in excellent
> condition.  I think they made a VC head in addition to the dichro head, and
> don't know if there is any significant difference for b&w VC papers.  Many
> people do not like the look from a condenser head, but I liked the 23C for
> 35mm, sort of a retro (grainy) look.  Also, the 23C has an above the lens
> slot for VC filters.  It is difficult to align the lens and neg carrier,
> but
> that is true of many enlargers.
>
> Ken

A bottom stage for the lens board was made by somebody in the 90's for
Beseler enlargers as you just can't align them.  Its odd. You can an Omega
and most others certainly a Durst. If those stages can be obtained you'd be
in much better luck. I'd get an alignment calibration device a laser or
better yet a http://www.zig-align.com/

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OT: 45MXT with a Dichro color head)