Subject: [Leica] Marty Forscher
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 01:10:24 -0400

> Rabiner,
>
> The Contarex has always had my vote for "Boat Anchor Of The 20th Century".
>
> Jerry

As in they were way big?  You're not expunging the quality I hope  you'd be
out standing alone in the field of dreams, Jerry.

Zeiss spared no expense on these designs and one of the parameters was not
compactness. Contarex glass is smaller and lighter than Hasselblad glass.
And I've lifted those and worked them them.
The cameras of the 90's proved to be just as inflated in size.
The F4 and 5 Nikons and the Canon EOS's. Monsters.
But not over machined like the Contarex.
And not experimented with with so many things that could have worked, but
didn't. Which is why so few you see out with somebody using one. After a few
decades they were guaranteed to break and impossible to fix.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Marty Forscher)