Subject: [Leica] Stuck Heliopan Slim on my 70-180 APO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 02:14:43 -0400

> Despite my practice of being extra careful when screwing on this very
> slim (and spendy) Polarizer on the 7-180, I've somehow managed to
> tighten it just enough to resist reasonable force with my fingertips.
>
> It was in and out of the bag a lot at Grand Canyon.  Can't deploy the
> built-in hood with the filter on so possibly some inadvertent
> friction.   Could be the cause but who knows?
>
> If you have a nondestructive trick to unscrew that baby, I'd sure
> appreciate a tip on how to do it.
>
> I definitely don't want to bring it to the LUG Dinner and pass it
> around the table.  Imagine all those deft, learned hands working
> quietly, not a drop of alcohol on anyone's breath.
>
> Are we talking about the same table?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob
>

> Many thanks.
>
> Bob in Seattle.
>

> On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:
>

> On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Jeff Moore wrote:
>
>> 2009-10-03-19:01:26 Steve Barbour:
>>> what a stunning collection and variety of photographs are here,
>>>
>>> how meaningful it all is...   !
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/kididdoc/some_leica_photographers
>>
>> ...and you got a double dose with that "Chris Williams in action",
>> 'cause I'm
>> standing there being groomy.  With of course Kathryn and Cap'n Pat.
>>
>> Looking at your fine site, I see my name appear more often as taker
>> than
>> takee, which I think is Just Fine.
>

> I think we need to change that, so I'll try...
>
> Steve
>

>> -Jeff

Put on rubber glubs.

You can unscrew the lid off of Superman with rubber glubs.

Also nobodies going to mess with ya.
Both Pink or Yellow seem to work the same.
As they need to match your tights.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email) ([Leica] Stuck Heliopan Slim on my 70-180 APO)