Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 05/10/2009: Brussels autumn weather
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:30:44 -0700

Nathan Wajsman offered:
> Last night in Brussels, now back in Alicante.
> > This is what Place Stephanie looked like around 8 p.m. last night:
> > http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#672042083_ATBGn-O-LB

Hi Nathan,
Beautiful! WHY?
Well you can't beat the reflected secondary light use on wet streets! Any
kind of situation where light is reflected off wet or shiny surfaces
enhances the look of a scene. Even in this case, pouring rain, all those
reflections create a feeling of "well it's not such a bad night after all!"
:-)

If reflections weren't such an enhancing factor in photographs, why is it
nearly every new car commercial when you see the car whizzing along a
roadway with the sun shining the road is wet reflecting the car cruising
along and little wheel spray from tire treads also enhance the look of
movement?

Trust me, shining street surfaces or water in evening shots is about the
best enhancement tool you can use to improve your photo look. Certainly as
you've shown in this one.
Dr. ted