Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Lenses
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:12:39 -0400

Wendy,
If you absolutely need the speed I would give the Zeiss ZM C-Sonnar 1.5/50mm
a try. I am very happy with the Zeiss 4.5/21mm and 2.8/35mm C-Biogons on my
M6 and the 1.5/50 is on my list as my one high speed lens.   I also have the
original postwar CZ 1.5/50 Sonnar on a Contax IIIa and love its
characteristics.
Otherwise I agree, the 2.0/50 Summicron is hard to beat as a standard lens.
Jan

-------------- Original message from Wendy Thurman <wendythurman at
gmail.com>:
> Does anyone have any experience with the subject lens?  I am in the market
> for the Summilux 50/1.4 but it is "Out of Stock" on B&H's website and I
> felt, that at the price of $692, it would be hard to go wrong with the
Zeiss

Replies: Reply from wendythurman at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman) ([Leica] Zeiss Lenses)