Subject: [Leica] Woman and Dog
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:05:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009  Neil Beddoe <Neil.Beddoe at raidllp.com> responded:

>I prefer colour and if I've got it available I shoot in colour.  With a
>digital camera it's always available.
>so like printing my own pictures in a darkroom but I've never had the time
>to learn how to be a good colour printer so I shoot black and white
>occasionally so I can have something to print.

>Neil
==========================================================================================================================================================
[Nice picture Luis.  I like the B&W.]

On the other hand, I favor B&W, so I don't like going through a color step
and then taking it out, when I can go directly to B&W film.  I'll only want
to use color when the subject warrants, and nowadays,
without Kodachrome, that means turning to digital, even though I still can't
abide the thought that the image is being broken down into square-edged
pixels rather than being recorded by random,
multi-sided grains.  No matter the MP count, a digital image of a diagonal
or curved line will have a regularly spaced sawtooth edge, and if God is in
the details (as they say) I guess I'd prefer more
feminine, rounded details of  a Goddess.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee