Subject: [Leica] scanner help!
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 23:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

I need to scan some old slides and have found, much to my horror (but not
surprise), that my scanner is very dusty and the scans it makes are horrid.
It's a Polaroid SprintScan 4000.  I've been able to remove the top cover and
the lamp, exposing the filthy mirror.  The mirror is easy to clean but the
lens is buried in the scanner's bowels and I haven't figured out how to
reach it for cleaning.  Any clues?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com