Subject: [Leica] S2 thoughts (was: Re: M9 thoughts!)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:20:16 -0400

>> Having seen the preliminary S2 photos and the ratio of its size to output
> quality and DSLR handling and the no-nonsense user interface and what I've
> heard
> about the production camera's responsiveness and manual-focus-ability I'm
> completely smitten with it and wish they'd hurry up and get that 350mm
> APO-Elmar-S on the market.  Then I'll start selling kidneys on ebay.
>>
>> Doug Herr

As the S2 is a medium format camera and landscape photography is really more
a medium format thing than 35 there's that.
But you being really a wildlife living in the landscape thing....
But the S2 handling just like a 35 DSLR on one or two steroids.

So far no lens is near long enough I'd think.

I'm not remembering many wildlife shooters shooting Brownie film you'd think
645 might do it in the handling department but perhaps again the glass never
got long enough.

For an S2 lens getting long enough you'd have to be NASA the FBI or No Such
Agency to be able to afford it.

Seems to me.

Mark William Rabiner