Subject: [Leica] S2 thoughts (was: Re: M9 thoughts!)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:54:43 -0400

> On Sep 11, 2009, at 2:15 PM, mehrdad wrote:
>
>> that system costs joust about 70 for a camera and all the announced
>> lenses,
>> add the other three and u r looking close to 100k, they were saying
>> on cnn
>> over the weekend that kidneys cost 25 each
>

> that's one system for every two people,
>
> trust me I'm a doctor,

But its ok to not buy every single lens.

When I got started in 1979 got a loan and got Balcars and a Hasselblad ELM
with a 150 Sonnar lens with a 220 back and a Polaroid back. A Gitzo tripod.

By 1983 I was about to round out the system with a normal and a wide.
An 80 and 50 of course. The CF's just out. A whole new kind of lens for
Hasselblad.

In the interim when I needed a normal I'd use my Rolleiflex.
When I needed a wide I'd back up.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] S2 thoughts (was: Re: M9 thoughts!))