Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: paul.winkfield at gmail.com (Paul Winkfield)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:52:41 -0400

Read Dr. Ted and Geoff's posts, nice comments, my spin, I vote with my
wallet, both M8 and 8.2 didn't thrill me to part with my bucks...still use
my M4.2 and M3 for weddings and when someone wants film, but I have 2 Lumix
a TZ3 and TZ4.  was very impressed with D-Lux as shown in pic of me from LUG
meet in NYC!

I am on D-Leica list and there the comments more focused, so I bet Solms it
reading,

But Ted, you got to understand our passion for Leica, so the handful of us
who complain have feelings; I bet many of us do not express on this list, I
am one who didn't like the IR problem. In fact, I have a 'buy a 'digital M'
fund, sadly/happily I raided for an awesome racing bicycle, and use my
pocketable TZs for racing shots. I would be more fearful of putting digital
M in bike bag then my film Ms in the past. But that's another post....

If my understanding of Leica history is solid, Leica didn't feel compelled
to make a motor for the product, and there were also great reluctance on
them to put a meter inside!  So the more things change at Leica, they stay
the same in my book. Like why the hell they couldn't produce a camera like
the new Olympus? what planet are their marketing people from? A digital 3F
sized impossible to do?  So rant on LUG nuts!! Tell Solms what time it is!!
<paul>