Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:05:03 -0400

As to Leica no longer making the best cameras in the world goes I'd think
the word would still be out on that till the M9 an S2 are out in use with
feedback coming in from all kinds of shooters; and as they're out NOW!
I think we'll find out SOON and I think what we'll find out is YES Leica
makes as it always has made the best cameras in the world. If there was
slight lull if was not for long.

I never bought into this thing about Leica being a lens company.
I've always been sold on  Leica's rangefinder concept and loved using them.
I'm even real fond of the way they make SLR's.
I think a lot of people who have drifted away from Leica in the past couple
of years are about to be  coming back big time.
Me I didn't sell all my Leica stuff the minute there was a lull in my use of
it. I have most focal lengths from 21 to 135 in farily current versions. No
coding.
All I need in an M9 to attach them too.
No glass no M9. No M9 no glass. They kind of go hand in hand.
Like Peanut butter and jelly.
Bereck and Barnack.
Bereck was the lens guy.
He came up with the Elmar and Elmax for the
very first Leicas.
By ripping off the Zeiss Tessar.
But adding special sauce.

Mark William Rabiner