Subject: [Leica] First addition to Leica Gallery
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:07:07 -0700

Richard Clompus showed:

>I just posted my first photo in the Leica gallery.  C&C would be
> welcomed.  I was walking along the beach with my wife and three dogs
> and found this girl admiring our dogs.  I got up enough guts to ask to
> tale her photo with her parents in the background.  I think photos
> with people and their unique expressions really capture your attention
> and imagination.  Its the hardest kind of photography for me.  Taking
> them helps me grow as a photographer.  More photos to follow.  I hope
> I got the link right.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/Girl+on+the+Beach.jpg.html

Hi  Richard,
We see all kinds of photographs here day after day, it's a quick glance,
click to the next!But the odd one grabs you in such a way it becomes
rivetting, you look at it just to look at it because it's a special clutch
your heart of appreciation in a simple clean photographic moment you can
only say... "Dang I wish I'd taken that!"
Others? Click next photo !

Richard it's beautiful in it's simplicity, colour and feeling. Everything
about it works, it opened on screen and I just sat here enjoying the moment
for sometime. There really isn't anything one can say but praise of picture
and the feeling it creates.

I see this as a very large, at least a 60" X 40" print on an art gallery
wall softly lit to maintain the subtle colours. It evokes the feeling of
"when the world was a quiet simple place without greed, wars and stupidity
of human unto human."

I'd have a nice print of it, framed and hung in my home some place, because
it's so peaceful and comforting. Certainy a proud moment of your ability to
observe life and record it!

Without question! Make sure you submit this photograph for the 2009 LUG Year
book.

Well done, good on you Richard.
Dr. ted

Message from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] First addition to Leica Gallery)