Subject: [Leica] M8 M9 Tech Compares
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 19:38:49 -0400

> Hi Luggers,
>
> A friend sent me the PDF of the new Leica Brochure (thanks Ivor!)
> which gives the tech specs of the M9. I pulled out the instruction
> book for my M8 to make some comparisons:
> Dimensions and weight: the M8 is 138.6mm wide by 36.9mm deep by 80.2mm
> high and weighs 590gms (with battery). The M9 is 139mm wide by 37mm
> deep by 80mm high and weighs 585gms (with battery). The brochure notes
> the M9 measurements are approximate but it seems the M9 is slightly
> wider, slightly deeper and maybe a touch shorter.

Howard these just look like rounded off approximate numbers to me!
I'd bet the body shell would be identical! Not a fraction of a millimeter
difference!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson) ([Leica] M8 M9 Tech Compares)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 M9 Tech Compares)