Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 06/09/2009: one building I am pleased to see abandoned
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:06:39 -0700

An excellent comment on the EU.

Some relatives I visit when I'm in Germany live less than 10km from
the Dutch border, and we sometimes drive or cycle over into the
nearest town for some things like cheese which is still easier and
cheaper to get in Holland. The former border post was a carpet shop
for many years, but is now gone.

Now the easisest way to tell you are in Holland is that the lace
curtains in the windows are quite different than the German ones, and
then of course you start seeing adverts and such in Dutch.

In the sixties it was as easy going from Canada to the US as from
Germany to France. Now the border between France and Germany is open,
and it's harder than ever, and getting harder yet to get into the US.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com