Subject: [Leica] M9!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 02:36:27 -0400

> But I sure as hell am not going to jeopardize the quality of my photography
> due to a cost factor that is out of the reach of others and their whining
> about price. Yep the $8000.00 took me back some at first look! But reality
> is.... "I earn my living due to the equipment I use and quality delivered
> and I'm not going to jeopardize my career due to costly equipment!  I just
> pass that on to the clients! :-)  See how easy it is? ;-)
>
> Dr. ted

Me I've not sold ANY of my Leica glass.
For me to put that glass to work is a real cost effective deal;
For me and any clients I might happen to land.
-  not going to get from the run of the mill DSLR shooter results from hyped
up zooms and micromoters..
Just like it did in the 90's except it was an SLR shooter they're not
getting the run of the mill from.
Same thing.
Except now there's 480 pix on a roll instead of 36.
And you don't have to pay for the roll.
And you get a little window on the back you can peak at the pictures first.

Though now we have an 18mm lens and a wide tri elmar to play with. More than
evening the score with the DSLR wonderfulness which has become the default.

Plus a wide assortment of old Leica glass going back to the pre 50's screw
mount stuff plus all the innovative and cost effective Cosina Voigtl?nder
stuff just out in the past decade.

Mark William Rabiner