Subject: [Leica] Death of PJ, revisited
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:41:17 -0400

> sad,  this devaluation of photography...
>
> it's just this sort of thing that paradoxically will finally give the
> great images and prints their long overdue appreciation as fine art...
>

> Steve

I gotta say someone's out there printing other then me though I never see
it.
Walk into Adorama and Calumet and you have to climb over 10 foot high stacks
of exotic printing papers blocking the door.
Yet photo enthusiast people tend to show me their pix from their iPhones.
They just love photography! That new lens is so much better than their last
lens!
An early LUG thread which I first came on was that in the year 2525 we'll be
showing each other our pix with our Dick Tracy Pulsar wrist watches... To
the effect... Make that 2010.
Still, Paper is a hot item.

I think digital photography is making for a boom in photography awareness.
The amazing accessibility of inkjet printing.
Photoshop for kids who should be out at recess.

You can take your tiny Nikon S1000pj camera and project your pix for your
buddies on the wall or ceiling.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080402nikons1000pj.asp
Now that's creepy!

Just like Zardoz.  (the year 2293)