Subject: [Leica] Markbook Pro glossy screen way too contrasty what were they thinking!?!?!?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:27:34 -0400

2009-08-25-00:47:19 Mark Rabiner:
> I'm in trouble with my gloss screen on this brand new 13: Macbook pro I
> look
> at step wedges and calibration tests and I loose the last white and dark
> wedges. I may be in real trouble here.
>
> There may be no way to calibrate it.

So plug in an X-Rite calibration sensor and run the software, see if the
right
profile can wrench it into shape.  You'll probably find you get the best luck
with the screen brightness set well lower than maximum (and fixed in that
position you did the calibration for, not letting the machine do
auto-ambient-brightness adjustment).

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Markbook Pro glossy screen way too contrasty what were they thinking!?!?!?)