Subject: [Leica] Why I like live-view and LTM lens...
From: pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:25:16 -0700

Me, my wife and my son went to dinner yesterday with our friends.
They have 2 sons.  We have just one.

I brought along my G1.  It happened to have a CV Nokton 35mm f/1.7 on it.

After dinner, the kid started having discussion about Math problems -
such geeks.
He said "Dad, Can I borrow your camera?  I want to take a picture."
  "Sure.  What do you want it for?"
  "I want to get picture of this math problem."

I look at the sketches on the napkin and thought to myself.  That's too
close.
  "But the closest range is 3 feet."
  "No problem. Dad"

I was thinking - "whatever"- and handed him the camera.
As I watch him.  He started off focusing to the closest focus.
Then he shifted his left hand to the base of the lens and started unscrew
the lens out.

I started to panic and said
  "Hay.  Watch out.  That's not how you focus the lens."

He didn't say anything but just smiled and said jokingly:
  "Trust me Dad.  I'm a professional.  I know what I'm doing."

Then it hit me.  What he did was the equivalent of macro extension.
Smart kid.  Must have got it from his mom.

Sorry for OT, but just have to share this.

-Pasvorn

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Why I like live-view and LTM lens...)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Why I like live-view and LTM lens...)