Subject: [Leica] M8 v M9--better printers needed
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:37:43 -0400

> Doug,
> Have you tried the new baryta papers for digital printing? I have
> tried two
> of them, Harmon Photo Gloss and Ilford Gold Fibre Silk. They are very
> good
> indeed, and the Ilford at its price point is a relative bargain..
> Cheers
> Jayanand

I agree with Jayanand.  I like the Gold Fibre Silk best. Also for B&W
try Quadtone RIP with either black only or Piezography inks.  For
color Image Print does a great job with the new papers, too.  They
are much better than anything I ever managed to print in the darkroom!

Tina

Thank you, Tina and Jayanand, for your input.

doug