Subject: [Leica] M8 question
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:43:48 -0700

Another point: If it is raining and cold out, and
a camera that is wet on the outside is regularly
put under a jacket, moisture laden warm air could
be driven into the camera under the coat, and
then would condense when it is taken out again.
This is why one should wrap a camera immediately
when bringing it in from  outside into a warm
house when it is very cold outside. A friend's
Nikon died from corrosion when the moisture laden
warm air got into his camera after he brought it
in. It worked fine for about a day apparently and
then the shutter mechanism seized.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design