Subject: [Leica] Leica Sighting in "Coraline"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:16:17 -0400

> Coraline used an M3 to take pictures of her friend in this scene,
> about the last thing I expected to see in a cartoon drama.  There must
> have been a Leica fan on the animation team.  When the camera cut to a
> through the finder view, there was the single M3 50 mm frame line just
> where it belonged (though stretched to 16:9, for artistic purposes, I
> suppose).  She's left eyed, too.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/misc/300_5353.jpg.html
>
> Taking pictures off the TV set was easy once I realized you had to
> move the camera in and out from the screen until you found a distance
> (actually magnification, I suppose) that defeats the moire.  Screen
> capture is not allowed from DVDs in a Mac.
>
> "Coraline" was great fun, BTW.  I really enjoyed it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

Coraline  was created a few blocks from my old house photo studio in NW
Portland OR where I lived and worked for 20 years. Used to be a big building
which said WOODWORKING on it.
They turned the W up side down so it said MOODWORKING. And starting making
claymation movies in the early 80's.
Nike's Phil Knight and his son bought them out.
Now its called Laika, Inc!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1459080/coralines_laika_inc_rise_of
_a_prominent.html?cat=40

http://tinyurl.com/o3ncv6