Subject: [Leica] M8, E-3 etc.
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:29:47 -0700

I stumbled on this blog. This guy shot 50,000 frames on his E-1. He
owns an M8, D700, Canon gears, you name it. He said the E-1 and the M8
were the only two dSLR (yes, we know he know the M8 is not a SLR) that
he kept after more than a year. He just bought a 21 'lux. In other
words, he is hard core. And this is what he has to say on Aug 3rd
2009:

****
So after looking through my E3 files I am sitting here wondering what
kind of disease I have. I mean, why did I sell this camera? It could
of served me well for this past year and been my DSLR sidekick to my
M8. Why did I sell it at a $300 loss? ARG! I remember now! I needed
the cash! Same as always!! It is funny how this dreaded camera GAS
disease affects us. We are always on the lookout for something new,
something better and something that will make us happy. It never ends
does it?

When I sold the E3 I think I went to a D700 and was happy, but looking
back at both cameras and my images, I think I prefer the E3 ?look?. If
it only had good high ISO performance. Maybe an E5? Hmmm. I do not
know, but I do know I am in the market for a mid range DSLR and I may
just consider the E3 with 12-60, 50 macro and 50-200 lenses again and
save some money at the same time. That complete ?pro? package would
cost me $3500, or about the price of one Leica lens!
****

<http://stevehuffphotos.com/Steve_Huff_Photos/Blog/Entries/2009/8/3_OLYMPUS__-_THE_CLASSIC_E-1%2C_AND_THE_NEWER_E-3.html>

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com