Subject: [Leica] Pinkish splodge - any ideas what it could be?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:12:41 -0400 (EDT)

Douglas Sharp wrote:

>This slide was taken on Fuji film (ASA 200) and has a pinkish area at
>the bottom.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Berlin0353scan.jpg.html
>
>It looks as if light is getting on to the film where it shouldn't. A
>group of consecutive shots have it, others don't.
>
>Is it lens flare? It may be imagination, but I think I see it in the
>viewfinder when a Rollei 21mm lens is attached.
>
>But:
>
>It doesn't extend into the perforations

My first guess would be that it's coming in through the viewfinder.  Since
it doesn't extend into the sprocket holes I believe the camera's film gate
is involved, which rules out processing, or any handling outside the camera.
 This should also rule out a leak through the camera's back.  I don't think
it's lens flare because it doesn't seem like there was a bright light source
above and outside the picture area.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com