Subject: [Leica] Tech and romance
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:56:09 -0700

Neat combination of design and technology. I'm still waiting for
keyboards to just go back 40 years to the IBM keypunch where the F
and J home keys were dished in slightly so your fingers automatically
"fell in" to the keyboard. Also on the ten-key pad of that keyboard,
the zero key extended to the left to where your right thumb naturally
rested. Those two features have somehow been lost, and so-called
"ergonomic" keyboards since then are mostly a joke. Right now I'm
typing on my trusty IBM keyboard with the tensile "click-through"
keys, made in 1984. Hmmm . . . it's starting to feel more like "1984"
every day with the latest from Big Government. I wonder what else we
are about to lose?