Subject: [Leica] 35mm 'plus' neg scanner
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:40:47 -0700

I use my flatbed Epson 700 for scanning a complete roll in 1 shot, using the
PrintFile sleeves plus the 8x10 scanner "template".

1) Slap down the template ( which is a piece of cheap plastic mask....)
2) Slap down the negative sleeve .... face down
3) Scan.
4) Done.

It works quite well, but is limited to 8x10 inches... not quite a full roll
of 35mmx36 negs.
Works great on 120 film!

Then I have a complete digital contact sheet, on my computer, for further
analysis and "filing".
If I want to print something, I rescan at higher resolution in the
appropriate mask holder....for a single neg.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

I just want to be able to get the whole image area, and a little bit
of the edge of the neg as a key-line, say about 26x38mm. I hope I
don't have to go to a medium format scanner for this.

My other criteria is that I'd love to have the ability to scan a whole
roll of film quickly to make a digital contact sheet.

Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] 35mm 'plus' neg scanner)
Message from lug at paulhardycarter.com (PHC) ([Leica] 35mm 'plus' neg scanner)