Subject: [Leica] How do we log our shots?
From: erik at avondel.com (Erik van der Meulen)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:11:46 +0200

Until not to long ago I owned one M6 with a 35 and 90mm lens and life was
simple. I carried a tiny note book and a pencil and occasionally scribbled
notes about the shots I took. This usually enabled me to reconstruct
conditions and settings afterwards with moderate accuracy.
Recently however, I acquired an additional M6 and M4 with some new lenses
too. During my first trip with the new gear, my administration became a
mess! While it was wonderful playing around with the different bodies and
lenses, my notes did not keep up.

Now I am curious how others handle this. What information do you record with
your shots? Do you have a sophisticated iPhone tool, or also a paper scrap
book?

I was thinking about making a small pre-printed form with 38 rows and
columns for: lens, speed, aperture etc. In that way I could use one form for
each film/camera combination. Maybe similar solutions already exist?

Any thoughts and experiences much appreciated!

--
 Erik van der Meulen
 <erik at avondel.com>

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] How do we log our shots?)