Subject: [Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 16:15:13 -0700

Peter's article is well written. I appreciate his willingness to make
allowances for others' musical preferences.
I detest Wagner's racism and his music. For 7 years beginning in 1938 I
heard little else. It was an integral part of the political environment as
was the antisemitism that Wagner and his ilk espoused. The "undesirable"
composers, conductors, and performers who did not flee were murdered.
Oliver

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up)