Subject: [Leica] What happened to Ebay?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 18:30:16 -0400

> Mark,
>
> On this point, we agree.  I just got a Leica-R lens after searching out all
> of the Ebay offerings and limiting my bidding to a seller with a low
> transaction count, but a good description of the lens and why it was being
> sold.
>
> I avoided a number of more prominent sellers because they were just selling
> "commodities".
>
> Jim Nichols

I would ask for prints first done by the seller with the gear.
If the gear had been used with much love and seriousness;
I'd consider buying it.

I'd be willing to extend visitation rights.

I would sell my Leica glass as there is much FF gear I need and can't
afford;
And then quickly find the M9 coming out full frame and cut rate.
Leica bellies would then rise to the top of the heap.
And I'd be one sorry guy.
So I wait.

My best case scenario would be shooting FF with the Leica gear I have.
In a land far far away in the not to distant future.

With Leica I'm sticking with:
Never a seller or a buyer be.
On eBay or Greg's list.

Mark William Rabiner