Subject: [Leica] IMG: Flying Lessons
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:25:52 -0400

Sorry I forgot to put a subject line on my Sunday post.

I got to the point where I couldn't stand myself anymore so I took
Friday off and drove over to the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge on
Maryland's Eastern Shore. I came across this nest of fledgling
Ospreys learning to fly. It was great fun to watch. The adolescent
Ospreys would flap their wings and get a foot or two in the air. Just
when it looked as if they would take off and fly they would get tired
and drift down to the nest again. They don't have much time because
Ospreys usually leave their nests in July and it's already early
August. It was very much like teaching a human child to ride a
bicycle. You run along with them for ten or fifteen feet and just
when you think they are going to pedal off on their own they go flop
and you have to catch them.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Ospreys.jpg.html

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Barney