Subject: [Leica] Seagate
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:02:28 -0400

LUG:

I've just had my second almost-new Seagate 1T external hard drive die
within a year.  Seagate used to be the most reliable.  I have several
350 GB Seagates that are still going strong after 4 years.  I know
Seagate bought Maxtor or Maxtor bought Seagate so maybe they aren't
dependable anymore?  It is under warranty and will be replaced and I
had almost everything backed up, but it is a big nuisance and waste
of time to pack this thing up and ship it in and wait for a new one
(plus rescanning all of the slides I have scanned in the last week
and not backed up) :-(

I know all hard drives fail eventually but which one is the "Leica"
of hard drives?  Are there any that are more dependable? Are the 1T's
more likely to fail than a smaller capacity one?

Help.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com