Subject: [Leica] IMG: More from the coast
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

Bob Adler wrote:

>http://raflexions.com/CACoastII/content/JFBSP_Log_Falls_II_July_2009_large.html

> I'd especially like any opinions on preferences (and why?) between the
> first image of the falls
> above and the same falls taken two weeks earlier and from further
> downstream:
>
>http://raflexions.com/CACoastII/content/JPBSP_2009_07_03_log_falls_large.html

I prefer the newer photo because it has less visual clutter esp. in the
upper and left side.  In the earlier picture the downed log on the left and
several bright spots in the forest above the falls pull my eye all over the
picture area without a clearly-defined center of interest.  It the new
picture the  waterfall is clearly the center of interest and everything else
is subordinate to it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com