Subject: [Leica] Some more wide angle shots of York
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:51:54 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm totally restructuring all my albums (because I can't find anything
any more :-) ), so there will be more to come and some of it will be
mixed together with ones that have been shown before.

I don't usually go for stretched, tilted and distorted persepctives, but
I personally think this one turned out rather well - some wonderful
vaulting:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/york0232scan-Edit.jpg.html

More wide angle shots from York - street photography in the sense that I
was shooting out on the streets.

Using lenses this wide (12 and 15 mm) seems to make people look like
figures in an architects or artists impression for urban planning -
somehow unreal and out of place.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/Lisianthus_Whitby20070009.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/Lisianthus_Whitby20070026.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/York_centre.jpg.html

This street artist didn't really stand out in the full colour shot or in
the BW conversion. So I did both in PS :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/_MG_4704_edited4_edited-1.jpg.html

Here he is again, bothering my missus:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/MG_4709_edited_1.jpg.html

Enjoy taking a short walk around York, and best to all from Hannover
Douglas

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Some more wide angle shots of York)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Some more wide angle shots of York)