Subject: [Leica] 4/3's lens firmware updates
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:40:38 -0400

I've been ragging about the 2x format being called a  4/3's open system for
years on the LUG as the bodies were too big for the format and there was no
justification for going down in format that early in the game not that there
is now.

They've fixed that with the micro prefix tweak to the system making for nice
small pocket cameras like they should have been all along but I still don't
know why I need to be shooting half half frame format.

Its like the silver crunch in the 1970's.
They're going to give you a deal and sell you half the silver for twice the
money. Disk disk film during the silver scandal.

Had the format been invented later on down the line when the sensors were
getting better and better it would have not smelt so rotten in Denmark to
me. Right now 1.5 is smaller than you want. 2x is great for people who love
4x6 snapshots. I would think that would not be the Leica users group
mentality for the most part.

I love the Olympus Pen name and look. but that should in fairness be an 1.5
crop cameras. And I think sooner or later it will be.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] interesting essay about the potential of MF digital, and the difficulty of achieving it!)
Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] 4/3's lens firmware updates)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] 4/3's lens firmware updates)