Subject: [Leica] Large Format Digital view camera Live View!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:28:51 -0400

The thread title says it all.
We turn today to page 153 in the B&H summer catalog.
To the Large Format Cameras and Accessories page.
Read it and weep.
Much is made about Live View compatibility in this high end view camera.
The Toyo view 23 VX camera for digital
"Graflock back which allows for Live viewing with a digital camera back
which can provide a live image preview."

As it turns out the "23" is indicating medium format not large format but
its a blurred line with large format digital
-  we on the Leica list demur live view as low brow the guys who view 35mm
capture as low brow seem to be assimilating it in large quantities.
This was plainly evident on the fashion video I put on the lug last week.
- a guy shooting a model with some kind of medium format camera with live
view holding it 4 inches in front of his face. He used other cameras later.

Apparently top shooters of high end digital photography are not as aghast at
the thought of looking at a screen to view their picture as effete camrea
collectors .... who seem to feel that if they are not looking into a
viewfinder of some sort they are not doing real photography.
I find it arbitrary not very logical.
Myopic, specifically:
"tunnel vision: Loss of peripheral vision with retention of central vision,
resulting in a constricted circular tunnel-like field of vision. And, by
extension, any very narrow point of view. Also called tubular vision."

As the screens on the back would be much more conducive to off the cuff
shooting than it would be for making long time exposures of trees and table
top.
As a matter of fact its a well known boom for such photography.
I can't articulate it any better.

I think we need like Ostridges to take out heads out of a hole we dig and
take a look around at what's going on and how its going on.
http://codgus.com/images/ostridge.jpg

I had to teach my spell check dictionary " Ostridge ".

I'm going to have to feed it a bird dictionary.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/11361/Camera_Bodies.html

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Large Format Digital view camera Live View!)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Large Format Digital view camera Live View!)