Subject: [Leica] Nature shots......Canon 500 F4
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:38:18 -0400 (EDT)

Tina Manley wrote:

>You go, Doug!! Yeah, Leica.  I'm sure if you peeped at the pixels, the
>Leica would come out far ahead of the Canon.  But even without peeping
>at pixels, your shots are so much better.

Though the 560mm f/6.8 is on the camera most of the time, as far as I'm
concerned I haven't photographed an animal well until I've made a
well-composed photo with the DMR and 280mm f/4 APO.  After 3+ years using
this combination I still have to be sitting down before I look at those
prints.  They're boggleaciously gorgeous and I'll gladly spend whatever time
it takes to get close enough to use the 280.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com