Subject: [Leica] Nature shots......Canon 500 F4
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:40:44 -0700

Doug, I hope you do not feel I was trying to talk down the Leica lenses.
All I wanted to say was that there are alternatives that are good quality.
( and that the guy's photos are pretty good in their own right).

Yes, your/mine/our 560 Telyts are great lenses, and 10% or less of the
Canon, but, to be fair, that is a 38 year old price comparison..... I doubt
that if Leica offered them today, they would be significantly different in
price.  They might even be double to triple the Canon price.... but again,
they are not offered today.

What is valid is that there are lenses from the past that are equal to
todays' optics, and because they are  old? used? not today's prices, they
are a bargain.....

And especially the Telyts from the past.......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net