Subject: [Leica] The Leica M8.2 Experience
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:28:38 +0000 (UTC)

I just about fall over every time I think about how completely "standards"
have changed.? Lots of folks talk as if there were some perfect white
balance number.? Hello, remember the difference between KM and KR?? And how
about the gulf between those and Ektachrome?? What about the non-Rochester
brands?? And we're talking "daylight" films here.? Want excitement?? Shoot
tungsten (except that no one under the age of 45 even knows that
non-daylight films were ever manufactured).

Or "high ISO performance."? Ahem, how about ASA?? Remember what 800 or 1600
looked like in 1975?? And all these criticisms come from people who want
"high ISO performance" because they want to shoot cr at ppy variable
aperture zooms racked all the way out (so, f/5.6), don't know how to
properly hold the camera or release the shutter and never thought of a
tripod.? Oh, and are happy using their pop-up powerless flash but couldn't
do guide number math to save their souls.

Or the fixation on 1:1 crops, from people who will never in their lives see
a photo at more than 75dpi, print nothing, frame nothing, show nothing.? But
ya gotta see them crops, man.? This lens is a stud.

I could go on but I'm running a fever for reasons having absolutely nothing
to do with Leicas... ;-)

Regards

John

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] The Leica M8.2 Experience)