Subject: [Leica] Eggleston and the Case for Leica
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:57:14 +0100

"Mark Rabiner" <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote

> Was that the one when he got drunk with that old lady?
>
> That one was the last one I saw. I think I've seen three of them.

No, it didn't have any drunk old women in it. It did have him talking about
his work, showing him working, and had excerpts from his "Stranded in
Canton" film which featured people with their lives interlaced with drink,
quaaludes, and other substances that might well take from the enjoyment of
the sybilant click of an M8 shutter. Certainly, it's another aspect of photo
enhancement. Mr Eggleston uses film though - and prints!

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow