Subject: [Leica] The Leica M8.2 Experience
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:46:34 -0400

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:40 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I agree with Ted.
>
> No one on the Lug who owns both versions of the camera seems to
> thing like
> this guy

"this guy" is one of our own whose contributions I enjoy.

> does that the M8.2 is a whole new camera worthy of a large amount
> of paragraphs. Its not a whole new camera. It does not redefine
> Leica M
> digital.

I agree that it is not a whole new camera for any essential purpose I
have.

> If I had an m8 I'd not bother to upgrade.
> Its an upgrade. That's what it is.
> Not a whole new deal.
>
> A very self involved snide quirky article not up to the level

The review is an opinion, on which David is the best authority. I
think it is the story of one man's adaptation to accepting the
available over the ideal. But, that is me spinning what I read.

> of the DIGITAL
> JOURNALIST website which has Bill Pierce on it. My long time favorite
> columnist From Pop and modern photography in the 70's.

I find the need for filters disappointing, but I always avoided filters.

I find it loud compared to my other Ms, and maybe even a little
offensive to M snobs, and when I talk about shutter sounds, I guess
that's what I am. But, the noise only occasionally worries me when
shooting.

I don't find either of these things bothersome enough to ever go back
to shooting film exclusively.

I don't own an 8.2 or agree with everything David writes in the
review, but, hell, I don't agree with everything I write.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/