Subject: [Leica] Nikon Rumors
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 19:45:57 -0500

Mark,

I was wondering and you would probably know.  I have a Canon 40D which seems
to make a nice uncropped print up to about 10x15".  The Canon 5dMkII
full-frame is considerably larger.  I will probably keep printing not much
larger than 10x15 image size, so I was thinking the larger sensor would give
me some more cropping room at least.  I try usually to shoot un-cropped if
possible, and was wondering if the larger sensor would give me a better
print in that case, or on the other hand, if I could get the same quality as
the 40D by cropping to equivalent size?  (I have some of the Canon "L"
glass.)  Hope that makes sense and thx for any thoughts.  (I live in the
middle of nowhere so it is difficult to field test these things without
purchasing.)

Ken

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Nikon Rumors)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Nikon Rumors)