Subject: [Leica] M8 + Coded Lens = Nada in LR?
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:18:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ted --

Short answer on EXIF (selective snip from your message below) - it has
nothing to do with making better pictures, it's just information about the
camera, lens, exposure, etc. that is helpful for "filing" purposes, as you
mentioned.? Beats heck out of taking notes on those admittedly rare
occasions when I want to remember which lens/what exposure/stuff like that.

The lens coding on the M8 can also trigger adjustments for vignetting, etc.,
but that's a bigger technical topic. :-)

John