Subject: [Leica] Platinum duotone for B&W
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:35:03 -0500

I certainly don't see Silver Efex Pro as mindless.
I see it as a very elegant, useful, quick and easy tool
to arrive at fine Black and White (or toned) prints.

I've not learned anything "new" on Photoshop this week
even though I've used on 4 images since Monday morning.

Lightroom remains my catalogue, edit and post process tool of choice
for 90% of everything I need to do to deliver quality product
effeciently.
I've edited and post processed over 90 images with it since Monday
morning
(including a half dozen going to a magazine for publication this
afternoon;
none of which required Photoshop).

Photoshop, for me, remains the heavy lifting tool of choice:
Perspective correction
Expert masking
Extremely fine retouching
Delicate dodging and burning
Special effects
Illustration
Lightroom seamlessly takes me to Photoshop instantly when needed;
and only when needed.

My Photoshop is on my Powerbook G4 and Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel /
Cinema Display
along with all my other Adobe software

Regards,
George Lottermoser