Subject: [Leica] Submit some images for a Miss Delta show - Contrast
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:58:01 -0500

Just want to extend and invite out for anyone wanting to submit some of the
amazing images we see weekly here at the LUG and MUG. Friend of mine in
Mississippi is having a gallery showing in August, submissions accepted
until July 17th. Pass it on!

Info below -

Chris Williams
www.zoeicaimages.net

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to touch base with all of you to make sure I personally
invited you guys to take part in a gallery show we are producing here in
Cleveland.  Some of you may already be aware of it.  Some of you may not.
You can find out a bit more information at this website:

http://www.wiljax.com/themeshow/contrast

The show opening will be Thursday, August 20th at The Warehouse.   It will
hang for about a month.  The gallery space is quite large, so I'm really
excited about the volume of images we are going to be able to display.  If
you aren't familiar with the space, you can view images at the site above.
We are also going to have a media room for the show, where we can project
digital creations.  So if you have something such as a slideshow or video
project that fits the theme of "Contrast", please consider submitting it.

My goal with this show is to have a tremendously wide range of styles,
techniques, and mediums.  Large images, small images.  Mixed media,
traditional prints, giclee', canvas, glass, --anything and everything.  My
hope is that when the visitors leave the exhibition, they come out saying,
"Wow.  I didn't realize photography could be like that."  And I want this to
be an annual show with a different theme each year.

I really hope you will consider submitting.  If you have already done so,
thank you.  We'll be getting back in touch with you very soon.  If you
haven't, you'll find a submission form online that you can use.  Or, you are
welcome to email me, call me, text me, twitter me, facebook me, snail mail
me, use a tin can, homing pigeon -- whatever works for you.  Please don't
let the submission process be a reason for you NOT to explore this and take
part.  If you can't quite narrow your images down, then create a little web
page in Photoshop and I'll be happy to help you sort through them.  Our
deadline is soon though -- July 17th, as we need to start planning the
layout of the show several weeks before we hang it.    We can also help you
with printing and framing if that will make things easier for you.  The
website has more information about that as well.

If you wouldn't mind forwarding this information on to any photographer
friends of yours, I would really appreciate it.  If you would like for me to
take your name off this list, I understand.  I apologize for any
inconvenience and will not bother you about this again.  Just let me know by
responding to this and I'll take a care of it.   But if you don't mind
getting emails, I will be sending more out the next few weeks as a reminder
to get us your work!  I know how it is being a creative, and sometimes we
all need a little prodding to move us along.

Finally, I invite you all to come down for the show.  We're hoping for a
really interesting and creative week, filled with live music and adventures
to out of the way places.  And hopefully, if we get enough folks to come
down, we just might help push each other to discover things about ourselves
and our craft that we didn't realize we were capable of doing.

Take care.  I look forward to hearing from you all.

Sincerely,

Will Jacks

             www.wiljax.com <http://www.wiljax.com>
                        662.846.6800