Subject: [Leica] **SPAM** travel photos of places I've never been
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:48:28 -0400

So many of those shots are near Eggelston viable.
They almost have a magic to them like most of his stuff does.
Partly because they are "printed" fairly perfectly and we don't really see
that most of the time.

I have a shot in my little thing I carry around with me a stack of 5x7's in
a box which is of Multnomah Falls. I was out shooting with my late Leica
friend Vahan Shahinian. I had Delta 100 in my M6 for some dumb reason and it
was dusk I was near out of luck. I think the camera hanging around my neck
at my side went off on its own. No way would I frame a shot that way. The
falls are on a forty five degree angle with some sideways swing motion.
I show it to everybody.
God shot it. Or the Devil.
Or the Fates.
Chance Gardner shot it.
Mr. Malaprop shot it.

But it was my neck the strap was hanging off of.
And I saw it on the contact sheet;
And the moment I saw it was the decisive moment.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] **SPAM** travel photos of places I've never been)