Subject: [Leica] I Shot Ben Zander
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 08:35:57 +0100

Yesterday I was pleased to catch up with Ben Zander again, and renew
my acquaintance with the Liverpudlian who is now principal of the
Boston Philharmonic Orchestra. Mr. Zander is a very talented cellist,
and I did feel a little sorry for the student who had the maybe
onerous task of accompanying the great man during his lecture at the
grand Pittville Pumproom in beautiful (if traffic clogged) Cheltenham
as part of the Music Festival that the town holds every year. I last
met Benjamin Zander at a masterclass for conductors in London some 12
years ago, an event I found totally fascinating as a non-musician. You
can see the more of the results of my shooting http://tinyurl.com/mseltc

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076