Subject: [Leica] Eastern Sierra - now fall colors
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:41:13 -0700

Adam wrote:
"I love September in the Sierra although the drought has played Hob with the
colors and the quality of the forests, something true throughout the west
over the past five years."

That has been my impression, too, even though I usually wait until the first
week of October. Some of the locations that I like are the area around
Conway Summit including Dunderberg Road, the west end of June Lake, Rock
Creek, and Rock Creek Lake. Planning is essential because the time of day
is, of course, critical for backlighting which is the only way I shoot fall
colors.

Oliver

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Eastern Sierra - now fall colors)